MovingKnitter

Why moving knitter? Because it's me. :) Not only am I in the process of moving from California to Oklahoma, but I knit on the move in all kinds of places. I'll write about the knitting I do or want to do and the places as I knit in them.

Name:
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma, United States

I'm an ample in my mid 40s with 2 kids, both grown and on their own. My favorite list is ample-knitters! I've lived in 9 states so far and hope this move to our home state is the last one.I have 3 shih tzu's that are my kids. My husband is retired (again) and very mechanical.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Working Sort-of

I'm working through a temporary agency at a construction company on Ft. Sill for the next 5 weeks. I think they'll hire me, but they can't for 90 days according to the temp agency. I thought they could but had to pay some set fee to do so. At least that's the way Kelly Svc. worked years ago.
It's clerical and quite slow, so I have time to knit again. Best part of the job. I'm the only one in the office trailer over 3/4 of the day. LOL So the green socks are finished. And the dk blue that have been giving me fits have the heel turned and the gusset picked up. If I get ambitious, they may be down to the foot today. And I started my broadripple socks in kpppm in purple! So I'm still in the sock mode. LOL Been thinking about how to do hand warmers. But don't have them quite pictured in my head yet. I've looked at the available free patterns, but haven't found one that's just right.

Jim did get on at Goodyear through the same temp. agency. They were betting he wouldn't make it through the first few shifts, but he has. I'm proud of him. If they leave him in the same job and they give him excellent reviews, Goodyear could hire him within 6 months. That would mean a raise of 3X what he's making as a temp. I know that's what keeps him going.

Mike goes to a neurosurgeon soon to find out what they can/can't do about his neck. The wreck definitely damaged 3 of the 7 neck vertibrae.

And now mine's starting to give me problems. Gotta get him taken care of and Jim really on at GY before I can afford to miss a day of work. Guess it's going to be lots of advil or ibuprofen. sigh. I hate not having insurance. Can't even get his meds, let alone mine.

We did get our fur kids groomed. They are much happier after being sheared. No, I didn't keep any of the fur. Someday, after we get something bigger than this trailer. Even with all our heat, they are asking to be covered up at night (crawling under our blankets) and while the AC is on during the day. Should get some great cute furkid pics of them with blankets if I can find the camera.

The WeatherPixie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home