MovingKnitter

Why moving knitter? Because it's me. :) Not only am I in the process of moving from California to Oklahoma, but I knit on the move in all kinds of places. I'll write about the knitting I do or want to do and the places as I knit in them.

Name:
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma, United States

I'm an ample in my mid 40s with 2 kids, both grown and on their own. My favorite list is ample-knitters! I've lived in 9 states so far and hope this move to our home state is the last one.I have 3 shih tzu's that are my kids. My husband is retired (again) and very mechanical.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Lost Job

Accident Update: I'm doing OK. Except my left hand is going numb and my shoulder and elbow both hurt. Going to have to see a dr. about that if I can find one. Mike's only problem is in his neck. He's had another round of tests, so I hope they show something!

And on top of everything else, I lost my job yesterday. I'm not fast enough at putting eyeglasses together, it seems. The boss was apologetic, though and said he'd give me a good reference. If he had another opening, he'd said he'd put me there. And he'll give me a week's severance pay. So it was sort of on good terms.

So, Monday it's off to unemployment, APAC to see if they are hiring ( since I'm re-hirable there ), Merry Maids, ChemPac (they pack chemicals for Goodyeear), and all the temp agencies. Then it's about hitting the retail stores and offices to see if they need help. sigh. Bad thing is that Jim, DS, is out of work too. We stocked up on groceries last night.

On the knitting front - I'm working on a dark blue kid's sock. and have a dark blue baby sock made. Hand warmers in a purple multi. Have the green second sock's heel turned but need to finish the things listed above first. And everything else is on hold.

The WeatherPixie

2 Comments:

Anonymous knit chick said...

I'm so sorry that you lost your job. I hope things get better for you and your family soon.

01 August, 2005 12:50  
Anonymous Pam said...

How's it going? Better? Keep the chin up and knit away...!

19 August, 2005 10:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home