MovingKnitter

Why moving knitter? Because it's me. :) Not only am I in the process of moving from California to Oklahoma, but I knit on the move in all kinds of places. I'll write about the knitting I do or want to do and the places as I knit in them.

Name:
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma, United States

I'm an ample in my mid 40s with 2 kids, both grown and on their own. My favorite list is ample-knitters! I've lived in 9 states so far and hope this move to our home state is the last one.I have 3 shih tzu's that are my kids. My husband is retired (again) and very mechanical.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

My Sister-in-Law

Here is the run flier for my sister-in-law. We had hoped to have it before she died. She died this past Monday evening. The run is still on and we are accepting any and all donations to be auctioned off with all proceeds to go to the family.
The real reason for this entry is to post a flier for the Run for Rose. She was my sister-in-law who passed away last Monday. The run is to raise money for her family, who, due to the cost of cancer treatment and burial, are on the fine edge of disaster.
Any and all help is appreciated!
Here's the flier:

Run For Rose

Auction and run party to benefit Rose and Roger “Rocky” White.
Rose White has terminal cancer and the stress and medical bills, are overwhelming BTW Brother Rocky White. For that reason, to raise funds with which to help a brother, a run and party is being held on May 14, 2005, in case of a “rain out”, the run and party will be held the following weekend May 21, 2005.
Admission to this event will be a donation of one (1) saleable item
(minimum $10 value) to be auctioned off to raise funds to help the White family.
A ride will be held, beginning at the “Chrome Link” motorcycle shop, 2010 NW Floyd in Lawton Oklahoma. Departure time is 10 AM. The ride will go thru the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge and end at Mom’s Only Chance Saloon, 14494 State Hwy 36, Faxon, Oklahoma. Festivities will begin at 2 PM.
Entertainment will be:
(1) An auction of the items donated.
(2) A Wet T-shirt Contest
(3) Live Music
For the contestants in the Wet T-Shirt contest, first place will be a
Cash prize of $50, $25 for second place. Food and refreshments will be available.
All motorcyclists and anyone else are invited to come and have fun and participate in this event. All cash donations and the proceeds from the auctioning of the donated items, will be presented to Roger White the day of the event.

Please attend the event and help Rocky and Rose

For more information Contact Mike Mc Neil (580) 351-1231 0r (580) 695-3058

The WeatherPixie

1 Comments:

Blogger Nosey said...

Hi great blog i must remember to bokmark you ... I have a horse racing blog myself I also have a new Online Auction to tell you about here e bay online auction get yourself $35.00 worth of free Advertising e bay online auction

11 October, 2005 22:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home