MovingKnitter

Why moving knitter? Because it's me. :) Not only am I in the process of moving from California to Oklahoma, but I knit on the move in all kinds of places. I'll write about the knitting I do or want to do and the places as I knit in them.

Name:
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma, United States

I'm an ample in my mid 40s with 2 kids, both grown and on their own. My favorite list is ample-knitters! I've lived in 9 states so far and hope this move to our home state is the last one.I have 3 shih tzu's that are my kids. My husband is retired (again) and very mechanical.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Playing Catch Up

Let me see, the house fell through. We might be able toget the land stil. At least Mike's still working on that. We're looking for a rent house around Lawton to get Mike and I and Jim under one roof to get finances in better shape. And we've started a new BTW ( Brothers of the Third Wheel) group here. Election of officers was Saturday and I was elected Treasurer. I'm still working at APAC. The first 4 hours are bad - can you say micro micro management?. But the last 4 with my official supervisor are great. As long as you are doing everything you are supposed to, you can knit, crochet etc.

That being the case, I'm almost finished with garter stitch and faggot lace shawl in deep red-violet wool. And the back of my shapely tank, from White Lies Designs, has 6 of 11 inches on it. The tank is in a white with 3 shades of blue and green nubs that's a cotton/acrylic blend. I have the shamrocks finished on my shamrock socks so I'll be able to work to the heel turn at work.

I have a question for anyone who's reading this. I have the pink sock down to the start of the heel. I tried it on, and it barely goes on. When I tried it on while working the ribbing it was fine. I guess I tightened up too much somewhere in the proceress. Since it's a wool cotton blend and I'm told it stretches, should I rip it back and redo it? Or try some increases while I'm working the gussett ? Or something else?

And I have a RAOK to go out this week.!

The WeatherPixie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home