MovingKnitter

Why moving knitter? Because it's me. :) Not only am I in the process of moving from California to Oklahoma, but I knit on the move in all kinds of places. I'll write about the knitting I do or want to do and the places as I knit in them.

Name:
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma, United States

I'm an ample in my mid 40s with 2 kids, both grown and on their own. My favorite list is ample-knitters! I've lived in 9 states so far and hope this move to our home state is the last one.I have 3 shih tzu's that are my kids. My husband is retired (again) and very mechanical.

Monday, February 07, 2005

We made it home!

We made it home with the biggest load yet. Not without some adventure though. The 18 ft. car hauler broke an axle that we didn't know had been fixed before AFTER we had it loaded. So we unloaded it and Mike fixed the axle. Then a tire rolled off the rim as we were moving it to get the last things. So we put the spare on and went to the tire shop and got another spare. After another flat, we went to get yet another one. We finally got the trailer reloaded. Then we unloaded mine and and lowered the load by several feet. Then we started for Lawton. We didn't have much problem until we hit Amarillo, TX. Then we had a flat in the middle of town. After changing the tire, we got another one. Less than 50 miles later we had another flat. Good thing we stopped and got yet another spare! And that set finally got us home!

I had a wonderful surprise when we arrived. My AKSP sent me some gorgeous stitchmarkers/earrings she made and a sweet note. And I was RAOK'd with yarn and pattern for some cool socks! I have to email thanks or leave blog comments, yet.

I'm borrowing folks computers or going to the library for access, so my posting will probably be irregular for a bit. Once we get out of the tiny trailer and have access, things will improve. We're working on all of it and finding jobs. My son, Jim, found one at the local Office Depot, and I found a customer service/telesales job with APAC. Now it's Mike's turn. With all of us working it won't take too long for us to start getting back on our feet.

And I'm STILL working on the pink sock! LOL I'm just about ready to start the heel. I'll post pics of the trailers, sock, surprises etc when we find the camera - it's still somewhere in the trucks.

The WeatherPixie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home