MovingKnitter

Why moving knitter? Because it's me. :) Not only am I in the process of moving from California to Oklahoma, but I knit on the move in all kinds of places. I'll write about the knitting I do or want to do and the places as I knit in them.

Name:
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma, United States

I'm an ample in my mid 40s with 2 kids, both grown and on their own. My favorite list is ample-knitters! I've lived in 9 states so far and hope this move to our home state is the last one.I have 3 shih tzu's that are my kids. My husband is retired (again) and very mechanical.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Year - better year?

Well, I for one at least hope it will be a better year. Hope yours will be too!

We celebrated over the net with friends in OK and then in CA. Worked pretty well. Mike delivered the engine and tranny and I did wash during the day, so it was productive also.
I started a pair of pink ruffled socks by Jeannie Townsend. Got the ruffle finished and had started on the ribbing before I noticed the join was twisted. So it was off to the frog pond. But I did get them recast on and joined (no twist) before midnight.

Run has learned a new game. Silly fur kid attacked the laundry bag with clean clothes in it looking for the cover monster. You'd have to see it. Made me laugh.

My son's decided to move to OK with us. Kinda thought that might happen, but not this soon. Turns out his living arrangement with his girl friend was much less successful that he admitted.
So he's out of his contract with Jiffy Lube and heading back with us. Said he'd wanted to leave CA anyway. .... At least there's mechanic openings at the oil change and tune up shops in Lawton! He'll likely get a job before I do. Or I'm sure he'll get a job on one of the farms that need a strong back. And yes, I'm glad he's coming with us. But he'll have to pay his own eats or some of the gas or some of the motel on the way back. Wonder if he has 'magic plastic'?

Ok New Year's. What would it be without resolutions. Well, here are a couple of mine. I don't make many and still have trouble keeping them.
1.Inventory Stash. Obviously, this will have to wait until we get finished with the move.
2.Keep a knitting journal for all projects. All projects - that's the key. I do it sporadically on various and sundry pieces of paper and then can't find them when I need them.
3.Inventory WIPs and decide what to do with them. Either put all the yarn, patterns, needles etc. with them and finish them or FROG them and rewind the yarn.
4. Donate, sell or give away all yarn that I won't use for whatever reason. Don't like the hand, color, size etc.
There. That's it. Now to see how many I can really keep.

Sure hope my 1 pair of wool socks are dry by tomorrow so I can wear them outside again while we continue sorting tools and looking for the title to the RV. Don't ask why it's in the tool shed. I asked Mike and got 'that look'. LOL
Happy New Year All!


The WeatherPixie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home