MovingKnitter

Why moving knitter? Because it's me. :) Not only am I in the process of moving from California to Oklahoma, but I knit on the move in all kinds of places. I'll write about the knitting I do or want to do and the places as I knit in them.

Name:
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma, United States

I'm an ample in my mid 40s with 2 kids, both grown and on their own. My favorite list is ample-knitters! I've lived in 9 states so far and hope this move to our home state is the last one.I have 3 shih tzu's that are my kids. My husband is retired (again) and very mechanical.

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Back from NV - barely

We made it back from Carson City, just. Things went OK with DMV as far as getting the title for the RV etc. Just the usually bureaucracy and red tape. So we can finish that transaction tomorrow and start packing.

The problems happened on I80 coming 'across the hill' as they say in Carson. By the time we got to Donner Pass, we had gone through whiteouts, snow+fog, snow+rain+fog etc. Could not see past the hood of the truck. Mike was driving by watching the line where the plows had run beside the truck. Scary. So glad he was driving. I managed not to freak out though - I think because Run decided the place to be was in Mom's lap. Having a warm, snuggly, trusting, small dog on my lap really helped. They closed 80 behind us. I was so glad to get down toward Sacramento where it was all rain.

On the knitting front, I did manage to knit about 2 inches on the cuff of my cotton wool socks. I decided to use 1s to see if that would help with the stretch problem folks reported. And I found this http://www.alltangledup.com/movabletype/my_images/my_patterns/kiri.pdf (Kiri Shawl) that I think will work really well with some lace weight I have in the closet here. I didn't join the KAL. This move is just taking tooo much. I looked at Clapotis (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html) again and still want to do it. But I don't have enough worsted weight yarn for it in a single colorway. Once I get a job again......

And on the job front - a friend's grandaughter is working as a receptionist at Motel 9 in Lawton. They told me tonight that there are 2 openings coming up there. Don't know if they are for reception, maintenence, maids or what. Doesn't really matter. I just need the work. And I can use the granddaughter for a reference. :) Got my fingers crossed that we can get back home in time to apply before the openings are gone.

The WeatherPixie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home