MovingKnitter

Why moving knitter? Because it's me. :) Not only am I in the process of moving from California to Oklahoma, but I knit on the move in all kinds of places. I'll write about the knitting I do or want to do and the places as I knit in them.

Name:
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma, United States

I'm an ample in my mid 40s with 2 kids, both grown and on their own. My favorite list is ample-knitters! I've lived in 9 states so far and hope this move to our home state is the last one.I have 3 shih tzu's that are my kids. My husband is retired (again) and very mechanical.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Last Trip Back to CA and 100 things about me!

We made it back to CA on the 25th despite major snow from Amarillo, TX to Clines Corners, NM and very dense fog in CA's Central Valley. The snow zone we passed through looked like a wreaking yard.

This trip will be Mike's tools and a few more household boxes. I don't think furniture will make it. And plants will have to be put in the trucks wherever we can get them out of dog reach.

Mike's sorting tools to pawn the extras/duplicates so we have food money while we pack. It took all the unemployment check and selling an engine and transmission to catch up on rent and storage. sigh. The RV is sold, and we'll get about enough to get back to Lawton when we get out of it.

I didn't get a job in Lawton, so it's back to hunting as soon as we do. Mike's finally agreed to look for one also. The unemployment runs out in mid Jan. so we may have to go on GA and Foodstamps until something turns up.

We are looking at a house in Lawton that we think we can get for back taxes. Fingers crossed.
Taxes aren't much per year. House was party central, but structurally not in bad shape. We'd have to live in the travel trailer until we can re-do the rooms. It appears to have 2 kitchens and 1 bath. Quite a different configuration. We'll have to see. I'm not holding my breath.

And yes, for those who can tell, I'm out of meds and just hanging on.

Happy New Year if I don't get another chance to post.
And here's my list of 100 things, finally! I'll try to add it to the links also
http://movingknitter100list.blogspot.com/



The WeatherPixie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home