MovingKnitter

Why moving knitter? Because it's me. :) Not only am I in the process of moving from California to Oklahoma, but I knit on the move in all kinds of places. I'll write about the knitting I do or want to do and the places as I knit in them.

Name:
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma, United States

I'm an ample in my mid 40s with 2 kids, both grown and on their own. My favorite list is ample-knitters! I've lived in 9 states so far and hope this move to our home state is the last one.I have 3 shih tzu's that are my kids. My husband is retired (again) and very mechanical.

Thursday, December 16, 2004

In Lawton

We made it a long 4 days after we left the Bay area. After getting Mike to tighten the load and the anti-sway bars, the trailer and I did pretty well. We had to pawn most of my jewelry in Gallup to get gas to get the rest of the way through. And pawn the rest of it, sell one of the cars etc. to live on while I wait for the unemployment check to catch up. It should I hope soon. I've applied at a customer service center that also does outbound sales to try to get something coming in. No news yet, but I was interviewed twice. I've taken the tests to get into the re-training program for graphics technology. I'll start when they get an opening.

We're tryingto come up with money so Mike or Mike and I can go back and get his tools and the remaining household goods. We have met some other folks interested in trikes already and they've offered to store stuff in their barn and shed for us while we try to get it together in one place.

We'd forgotten Mike's brother is assist. state director for BTW in OK. So we had no problem getting permission to start a chapter here in Lawton. LOL Here we go again. There's one in OKC an one in Tulsa and nothing in are area of the state. There will be soon.

The fur kids traveled well. Muggs has again decided she needs to go adventuring on her own when she gets out the door. sigh. I've spent more time this week chasing her down than anything except applying for jobs. The boys are fine. If I'm there, they're happy.

On the knitting front, I haven't done much. Worked on my socks for the 6 socks kal and put the rest of the yarn with the pattern and back of my shapely tank. And started yet another shawl ina faggot stitch out of Imagine that's in blues and greens.

Oh and Happy Birthday to Me!

The WeatherPixie

1 Comments:

Blogger phoenix_anew said...

You're birthday, Marty? Hope you had a great one!!
Vicki

17 December, 2004 13:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home