MovingKnitter

Why moving knitter? Because it's me. :) Not only am I in the process of moving from California to Oklahoma, but I knit on the move in all kinds of places. I'll write about the knitting I do or want to do and the places as I knit in them.

Name:
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma, United States

I'm an ample in my mid 40s with 2 kids, both grown and on their own. My favorite list is ample-knitters! I've lived in 9 states so far and hope this move to our home state is the last one.I have 3 shih tzu's that are my kids. My husband is retired (again) and very mechanical.

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Loading - day 2

Well, I thought the little trailer was full before. Guess not. Mike put our boxes fo clothes, sheets, towels and books along with other odds and ends on it. Couldn't believe what all he added and balanced! If I can manage Altamont Pass, I should be OK with the rest. We're going to Bakersfield and cutting across at Tahachapi to reach I 40. I'll get a picure to post of both trailers before we leave so you can see what a mess it is. Kinda like the old pictures from the Dustbowl, only we're going to OK instead of leaving there. LOL

It's showery today here, so he's working in the shed to separate out his tools and see what he can sell off there along with the other things. Should give me time to knit. I really want to get my bear started for the bear along!

Can you believe I make $40 to much a week on Unemployment for Mike to get his SSI! See my earlier rant about Food Stamps, GA etc. I won't go into it again. I want a nice calm Turkey Day.

We're going out like usual to a cheap place we go to so often they know us by name. Food's OK, and we can eat for $20 or less.Having no stove in the RV that works well. Eat 1 decent meal (as my grandmother always said) and it doesn't matter what you fill up on otherwise. Can you tell she went through the Depression years?

Have a Happy Turkey Day everyone!

The WeatherPixie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home