MovingKnitter

Why moving knitter? Because it's me. :) Not only am I in the process of moving from California to Oklahoma, but I knit on the move in all kinds of places. I'll write about the knitting I do or want to do and the places as I knit in them.

Name:
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma, United States

I'm an ample in my mid 40s with 2 kids, both grown and on their own. My favorite list is ample-knitters! I've lived in 9 states so far and hope this move to our home state is the last one.I have 3 shih tzu's that are my kids. My husband is retired (again) and very mechanical.

Thursday, October 14, 2004

We'll see what happens

Spent the morning at the county social services office. Make too much on unemployment to get food stamps! Don't have enough to make ends meet even with everything paid off, and no credit cards. This is unbelievable. If you're homeless, they help, but if you're next door to it they won't. Seems they would 'cause it would cost them less..... grumble. OTOH, I took the plunge and am applying for SSI based on the depression. Just have to see. Worst they'll do is say no and I'll end up with another 2 or 3 month job. sigh.

I forgot about having to add another 14 rows to the hat before I started the decrease, so my brag was off. LOL I have those completed thanks to all the waiting this AM.

Tomorrow I work on packing as much of the RV as possible. Stuff we're not using, summer clothes etc. The Oct. rains are supposed to start early next week. Much too soon to suite me. Can't wait to make another trip back to OK and sun shine!

I'm looking for pink sock yarn or DK. Not neon or pastel, just a good solid pink. I want to make the ribbon socks for my sister-in-law to wear to chemo. She says her feet freeze when they give it to her.

I have about 30 skeins of Noro Oimichan to give away. I have 10 of the yellow colorway, 10 purple flecked with turquoise, and 10 turquoise flecked with purple. I'll post a pic as soon as I can get to the storage room. I got it from a friend who was destashing. I thought it would make a great quick sweather. But I'm too ample for that bulky a yarn. Sigh. Really love the colors. First one to comment that they'll take it can have it. Good way to see if anyone is reading this.

The WeatherPixie

4 Comments:

Blogger FaerieLady said...

If you still want to give it away, let me know. I'd love to take it... sounds gorgeous! -- Kae

14 October, 2004 11:08  
Blogger phoenix_anew said...

Hi, Marty!
Whoops! I may have posted the comment to the wrong place before! If the yarn isn't gone, I'd especially like the ones with purple!
Thanks!

14 October, 2004 12:04  
Anonymous san diego credit union said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a san diego credit union site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

09 August, 2006 08:08  
Anonymous san diego county credit union said...

Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found yours! I like it!
If you have a moment, please visit my san diego county credit union site.
Good luck!

09 August, 2006 22:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home