MovingKnitter

Why moving knitter? Because it's me. :) Not only am I in the process of moving from California to Oklahoma, but I knit on the move in all kinds of places. I'll write about the knitting I do or want to do and the places as I knit in them.

Name:
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma, United States

I'm an ample in my mid 40s with 2 kids, both grown and on their own. My favorite list is ample-knitters! I've lived in 9 states so far and hope this move to our home state is the last one.I have 3 shih tzu's that are my kids. My husband is retired (again) and very mechanical.

Monday, October 04, 2004

Lodi, Santa Clara, and Back Again

Well, the apartment is packed and I'm out of it. Huge bunch of furniture went to Good Will, and a load of books to a local restaurant (Nick's) that keeps a used book collection that you can borrow from. Still have most of my clothes and leathers in my truck. My furkids are getting truck happy, but still would rather be with mom and dad than home by themselves.

On the way to Lodi the first time, I decided the cast on for the shawl just look horrendous. So I went to the frog pond while Mike drove. During the round trip, I had time to frog it, untangle the results, cast on again and knit 2 rows. Guess I'm finally getting faster.

I did 7 rows of the roll-up part of the hat on the trips to Santa Clara. Too tired and sore to work on it on the way back. I'm using 1 circular and it's working out well. Kinda like doing socks (giant ones) on 1 circ. LOL. Think I'll work on it on tomorrow's trip to the laundry and to Lodi again. Bet I at least get to the edge of the color section. :)

The WeatherPixie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home