MovingKnitter

Why moving knitter? Because it's me. :) Not only am I in the process of moving from California to Oklahoma, but I knit on the move in all kinds of places. I'll write about the knitting I do or want to do and the places as I knit in them.

Name:
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma, United States

I'm an ample in my mid 40s with 2 kids, both grown and on their own. My favorite list is ample-knitters! I've lived in 9 states so far and hope this move to our home state is the last one.I have 3 shih tzu's that are my kids. My husband is retired (again) and very mechanical.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Catching up - and a FO!

The start of the rains in Northern CA caught me by surprise. I spent way too much time getting the RV closed up and things moved away from the leak under the window. sigh. Course the window was right beside my bed where I store clothes, towels, etc.
Kept me too busy to post for a few days.

I spent the day getting the yarn I promised to send out found in the back of the store room we've rented as a staging area. As There's a whole large plastic tub going out after my unemployment check gets here so I have $$ for postage. Hate it when a "little" thing like $$ gets in the way of RAOK. Sending out the yarn also benefits me - it gives me one to put under the bed in the little travel trailer with my current projects. Wonder if my ball winder will fit... :)

Went to the store and spent a whole dollar on a pack of 2 yarn needles. Good use for all the change I've found as we've been packing.

Run's being himself - he squished and pulled apart the skein of Grignasco top print I brought in from stash to swatch for a cardigan. Going to design my own for the first time. I've seen parts of sweaters that I liked, but not a complete one. And he got a ball of Montera merino blend that I started a hat from. I'll get pictures as I go.

I have a FO! First one in a year! It's the red hat I started when I started the blog. I finally got speakers for the PC, and did it while listening to The Cat Who Robbed a Bank by Lillian Jackson Braun. Great series of mysteries - not to taxing when you want to relax and knit and listen, but they keep your interest.

I've tried to clean up the blog, but think I missed something. Anyone know how to get my entries back up the page? Help! If you have any suggestions please add them to the comments or email me! TIA

The WeatherPixie

2 Comments:

Blogger phoenix_anew said...

Marty!
How are you doing? Haven't heard from you for a while.
Hope you are well and that moving is going okay.

05 November, 2004 12:20  
Blogger phoenix_anew said...

Marty!
It was good to hear from you! I've been checking your blog every day, and was getting a little worried! How is moving coming along?

16 November, 2004 14:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home